Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I Can Wait


By Dewayne Allday

I could love a hundred, or I will love the one.
The past is a darkness reversed, yet not undone.
Time breaks beating hearts, yet time also repairs.
It heals the hard heart that’s weary of despair.

The dark rain clouds float by as I let them all go.
Sweet scents swirl around me and opportunities follow.
Summer kisses winter months ‘tis the seasons of change.
How I long for that day when this heart is un-caged.

I can wait for her because yesterday I did not.
The past mistakes of life have traversed these old knots.
I can wait because age and patience grows wise -
I’ve read my own book and there will be no more cries.

A hundred to one, no - two lovers become one.
The clouds soon depart exposing the sun.
And the smiles of friendship, a lifetime forever,
Laughing together, through storms and good weather.

I can wait, I will wait, I am waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment